I only recently realised that Frappuccino is a trade mark of Starbucks! I didn’t realise that unless it was theirs its just a Frappe.. I don’t really like the word Frappe as I’m not sure how to pronounce it!
I have a Vitamix blender & recently I have started making my own Frappuccino or Frappe whatever you want to call it! It better making them yourself as you can control the sweetness and not waste money, plus there is no Starbucks here!
- Punnet of fresh Strawberries (or I’m sure frozen would be fine)
- 2 Tsp Caster Sugar
Blend in mini blender, set aside
- 12 Ice Cubes
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1/4 Cup Strawberry Puree
- 2 Tbs Heavy Cream
- Spray Cream to garnish (I can’t find any in Kyrenia of course..)
- Strawberry Syrup (from a squeezy bottle or make your own- I didn’t have enough Strawberries- boo!)
- Place all ingredients in Vita Mix blender-
- Put the blender on Variable, Speed 1
- Quickly change to Speed 10 for a few seconds
- Put blender on High
- Blend until you can see the mixture thicken (if you leave it too long you will have Ice Cream!)
- Garnish with Spray Cream & Strawberry Syrup
The Strawberry Syrup they squeeze over the top of the Frappuccino is what gives it some sweetness- if like me you don’t have any normal shops where you can buy things like that or if like me you run out of Strawberries & can’t make your own syrup I would recommend dissolving 2 tsp of Sugar in a little Water & adding this to the blender also 🙂
I also like to make Mocha Frappuccino/ Frappe- I use our Nespresso machine to make a Lungo coffee which is like a double measure, then I add the same amount of Milk & Ice as for the Strawberry version plus 2 tsp of Sugar & 2 tsp Cocoa Powder.. Again you really need one of those Coffee syrups if you want it sweet! But not everyone has a sweet tooth 🙂
I can’t rave about the Vita Mix more- its actually strange the things it does.. You can take some Mango, Ice Cubes, Lime Juice & maybe some Bacardi and in less than a minute create a sorbet.. Its brilliant! Its expensive but I don’t know that other blenders can freeze or heat things.. I haven’t tried making a soup in it yet but that fascinates me!